Coach company travel and parking information
VICTORIAN MATLOCK CHRISTMAS WEEKEND – Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd December 2017
See below and the attached map for the passenger drop-off/pick-up point details and coach parking arrangements.
Please note that the free coach parking at the County Hall Car Park is available only on Saturday 2nd December 2017 and Sunday 3rd December 2017. Coaches must use chargeable coach parking in the town on Friday.
Travelling into Matlock:
- Be aware that there is no right hand turn over Matlock Bridge off the A6 travelling from Derby.
- Coaches approaching from Bakewell (Buxton/Manchester) should turn right at the Derwent Way (A6)/Bakewell Road (A615) roundabout (signed to Derby) and then right after the traffic lights into the bus station to drop off passengers.
- Coaches approaching from the M1 via Junction 28 on the A632 should turn right onto the A615 at Matlock Green, travelling towards Bakewell/Buxton. Go straight on at the Crown Square roundabout and then left at the second roundabout (Derwent Way – A6/Bakewell Road – A615). Then right after the traffic lights into the bus station to drop off passengers. .
- Coaches approaching from Derby should continue on the A6 at the Dale Road/Derwent Way/Matlock Bridge traffic lights, turning left into the bus station to drop off passengers.
- Coaches approaching from Chesterfield on the A632 should follow the instructions from the M1 above.There is no Park & Ride facility to the event from the County Hall Car Park this year.
- After drop off – to use the free County Hall Car Park (Sat/Sun only) – drivers should travel to the Derwent Way (A6)/Bakewell Road (A615) roundabout, turn right and then left at the next roundabout (Crown Square). Follow Bank Road to County Hall. Same return journey for passenger pick-up.
If you need further information, please contact Matlock Town Council on 01629 583042